Of all the animals in the rodent kingdom, rats and mice are among the most adaptable to their environment. This is both in terms of habitat and diet. This is why, for the most part, they have managed to be a persistent nuisance since the dawn of mankind. The problem is that mice and rats eat just about everything humans eat. They are happy to coexist with us in almost any environment.
ProControl provides fast and effective rat removal services. They will protect your home or business in your area. Your premises are inspected by our certified pest control experts. Get in touch!
What Attracts Rats to Your House?
If mice have infested your house, you should ask yourself, “What do mice eat once they’re in my house?” Alternatively, if you suspect rodent activity outside your home, you might ask yourself: What attracts rats and mice to the house in the first place? The answer is all around you. Look at:
- The dirty dishes in the sink
- The overflowing garbage can outside
- The pile of leaves blown by the wind in the corner of the yard
Whether we are willing to admit it or not, humans continue to provide shelter, protection, and food for these small rodents. Mice and rats are omnivorous. They consume a wide variety of edible and even inedible foods in the worst cases. Mice are not very picky about their diet. They can eat all kinds of foods, from grains to meat. They can easily find all of those things in your home. Their sense of smell is quite developed. It allows them to snoop around and locate food fairly quickly.
Of all the foods rodents eat, their favorites are generally fruits and berries. In the wild, rats and mice eat these foods at every opportunity. Therefore, raspberry and blackberry bushes – as well as apples and pears – can be used as food for rodents. When uneaten fruits and berries are left on their bushes or trees to rot or are left in open garbage cans, rodents are attracted by the smell and fermenting sugar of these fruits. This can eventually lead to an infestation of rats in your home or mice.
How Do I Get Rid of Rats in my House Fast?
Ultrasonic devices emit noises that can disturb rats and make them run away from your home. However, the effectiveness of ultrasound equipment depends greatly on the model. Rats may become accustomed to the ultrasound and no longer be disturbed. Since ultrasound does not penetrate walls, place one device per room if rats infest several rooms in your home (basement, garage, etc.).
You can also use various traps to capture rats. All these traps work with bait:
There are countless types of traps on the market. You can capture and kill rats with mechanical, electrical, or even glue traps. here are the most commonly found:
- The rat fag works on the model of the mouse fag, only bigger. When the rat bites the bait, a metal bar falls on it and kills it. However, sometimes the rat will manage to free itself and escape.
- The rat tooth trap looks like a plastic jaw with large teeth that close in on the rat biting the bait.
- The electric rat trap is battery operated. An electric shock is sent to the trapped rat and kills it.
- Glue traps are sticky plates, on which bait may or may not be placed. Sometimes the glue has an attractive odor which avoids the need to add bait. When trapped, the rat gets glued and eventually dies.
The old “rat poison”, composed of arsenic or thallium that is too dangerous for humans, is no longer used today. It is replaced by food impregnated with a rodenticide that will kill rats. It is often an anticoagulant, which causes a fatal hemorrhage at the slightest injury.
You will find rodenticides in paste, block, or granule form.
- Place these products every 10 steps where the rats pass.
- It is best to hide them under some sort of hiding place (e.g. a tile) so that the rat feels safe to nibble on them.
- Replace the bait regularly until it is no longer needed.
If all means have failed, do not hesitate to call in a rat control company. The technicians will effectively perform rat removal services at your home. This is part of a complete and affordable offer. It can be more cost-effective than spending on home-made techniques that are not 100% effective.
Who Offers Rat Removal Services in Port St Lucie?
ProControl specializes in disinsectization and sustainable and preventive treatment of pests. The technicians put all their expertise at the service of communities and individuals.
Rats carriers of various diseases such as:
These animals also cause damage to infrastructures. They crawl into places where it is sometimes difficult to dislodge them, such as:
We use fast, effective, and harmless rat control methods for humans and pets. The quality of our training reflects our position as a world leader. Our training provides in-depth knowledge of the laws and regulations of your industry. It ensures the safety of you, your family, your pets, and/or your company.
A 3-step intervention:
- A technician will inspect your home to determine the best strategy against pests.
- We provide customized solutions adapted to your needs to protect your home from pests.
- Your premises and its surroundings are constantly protected through our specialized solutions and surveillance systems.
We intervene as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our aim is to get rid of all traces of insects in your home. We also have state-of-the-art technological means at our disposal. Our flying drones allow us to overcome certain pests that are particularly difficult to access.
We serve many locations. See yours?
- Rat removal Hobe Sound
- Rat removal Port St Lucie
- Rat removal Jupiter
- Rat removal Vero Beach
- Rat removal Stuart
Not only do we eliminate the pests, but we also prevent them from coming back. We aim at providing you with long-lasting protection. Contact us now for a free estimate and inspection.